Frequently Asked Questions
Wedding Specific Questions:
There is a reason we’ve won Best of the Best Caterer in Chattanooga three years in a row. Since opening our doors in 2012, we have consistently created fresh, delicious food from scratch and wowed our clients with our willingness to go above and beyond for them. We have frequently heard glowing feedback from client’s about our exceptional customer care and satisfaction, whether that’s during the planning phase prior to your event, or during the actual event with our amazing on-site staff. Our goal is customer satisfaction, and that shows in everything we do.
We cater private, corporate, and non-profit events. We can provide breakfast, lunch, or dinner, as well as a delicious array of hors d’oeuvres. We can deliver boxed sandwiches and salads for your corporate meeting or staff an extravagant holiday party, wedding, or birthday. We work with many downtown businesses, as well as clients such as Erlanger, VW, the Tivoli Theatre, and Moon River Festival. We consider ourselves boutique caterers, developing the perfect menu to fit any taste and budget.
You may speak to our Client Service Specialist during our regular office hours Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm. Our office number is (423) 309-5353. You might prefer to fill out a catering inquiry questionnaire, or simply send us a message and our Client Service Specialist will be in contact with you within 3-5 business days.
We provide catering for events Tuesday through Saturday. Our kitchen is closed on Mondays and Sundays. If you do not have prior arrangements to meet with a consultant or pick-up catering, please call before coming by the kitchen.
Our shop is located in Downtown Chattanooga, TN at 302 W 6th street. We are on the 1st floor of the Chattanooga Workspace, across from the YMCA. We are conveniently accessible from I-27, at MLK exit 1B. Please see our contact page for a map with more detailed directions.
You may contact our Client Service Specialist in any of these 3 ways:
(1) Call our office at (423) 309-5353
(2) Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
(3) Fill out a catering inquiry questionnaire.
When you contact us, we will need to know the date you are interested in, as well as the type of event, expected guest count, time and location. Your Client Service Specialist will let you know if we are available and begin the process of helping to customize a menu for your event.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, please be aware we require a 50% booking fee to hold the date for you, as well as a credit card number to keep on file until completion of your event. Your booking fee will go in full towards the balance of your event; however while it is transferable, it is nonrefundable.
To confirm all details of your event, you will be sent an invoice with your event details, menu and balance due. Please look over your invoice thoroughly before paying and contact us immediately with any changes that need to be made.
Though we never want you to cancel, we understand that sometimes things come up. Please give us as much notice as possible. If you have already paid your 50% deposit please be aware that while it is transferable, it is nonrefundable. If your event has not been cancelled, but you must change the date of your event, please let us know as soon as possible so we can secure your new date. We cannot guarantee that we will be available, in which case you may credit your booking fee towards another future event.
Events cannot be canceled or rescheduled 72 hours prior to the event. Your entire balance will be due in full.
We can drop off orders to downtown and within a 1 hour radius of the greater Chattanooga area. Delivery charges are based on zip code, time of delivery, and set-up needs. Our regular delivery hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Delivery outside of those times is available for an additional fee.
Yes! We have a great crew of professional and experienced servers and bartenders that are available for events we cater. The rate for servers and bartenders is $200 for 6 hours, and $20 for each additional hour. There is an additional $40 fee for events that require extensive travel time (30+ minutes). Standard on-site service includes delivery, set up, service during your event, break down, and clean up of food & bar areas. With advanced notice, our staff are able to pass hors d’oeuvres, pre-set tables, flip rooms, release tables for a buffet meal, or assist with cutting your wedding cake. Please let our Client Service Specialist know how our staff can help make your event run as smoothly and stress-free as possible.
For all events catered by Dish T’Pass, we offer “Paper Goods” which is our term for heavy-duty high quality plastic disposable plates (see image below), cups, and silverware, as well as paper napkins and disposable serving dishes. For staffed events, we offer catering display items and warming chafers at no extra charge. If you would like to use our catering equipment at your non-staffed event, please speak with our Client Service Specialist to discuss options.
We can arrange the rental of these items through one of our trusted and professional Preferred Vendors. The charges for these items vary greatly and can be priced on an individual basis.
By Tennessee law, we are not permitted to sell alcohol. Our bartenders can serve whatever drink selections you provide, and we are happy to recommend vendors to purchase your own beer, wine, and spirits. We are able to supply mixers, including the non-alcoholic portion of any signature drink. We are happy to arrange your purchase of beer, wine, or spirits with one of our Preferred Vendors.
We accept checks and all major credit cards. After confirming menu details with your consultant, you should receive an emailed invoice. We require a 50% non-refundable transferable deposit to secure your event, with the remaining balance due at least 3 days prior to your event.
For large or full-service events, we may ask for a credit card number on file to secure your appointment. Please let us know if you will be using this card on file for payment, or would prefer to pay by check. Checks are to be be mailed to Dish T’Pass at P.O. Box 4263, Chattanooga, TN 37405.
Payments made after the time of delivery or pick-up will incur a 5% late fee. Also please note a separate 5% merchant usage fee will be added to all invoices paid by credit card. If payment is not made by check or credit card by the completion of the event, we reserve the right to charge the balance due to the customer credit card on file. Any additional charges such as staff overtime, damaged or lost rentals, etc. will be charged to the card on file.
Definitely. Just make sure to let your consultant know about these restrictions and she can recommend a menu or certain items that will fit these needs. It is easy for us to leave the parmesan on the side of your roasted veggies to be more inclusive of your vegan guests, or use gluten-free soy sauce so everyone can enjoy the stir fry. If you have severe allergies, please let your consultant know so she can best advise you.
We encourage you to have a plan for your leftovers, whether that means bringing Ziploc bags to store extra food in your office fridge, or to-go boxes as a “thank-you” for your wedding guests. If clients prefer our staff take care of leftover food, we will typically donate them to the Community Kitchen.
Budgets vary widely based on your culinary tastes and desire for a more casual or formal affair. Our typical bride spends about $25-30 per person, which includes food (cocktail hour and buffet), non-alcoholic drinks, and full on-site service with bartenders and food attendants.
Below are some rough estimates that will help you figure out your own costs. For a more accurate estimate, contact us for a free consultation.
• Cocktail Hour (i.e. Fruit & Cheese Platter with some dips or small bites): $5-10 per person
• Buffet Dinner (1-2 proteins, 2 or 3 sides, a green salad, bread/rolls): $15-$20 per person
• Desserts (cookies, brownies, cupcakes, pies, etc): $2-10 per person
• Non-alcoholic Drinks (citrus iced water, sweet/unsweet tea, lemonade): $20-80 per drink
• High Quality Disposable Tableware (plates, napkins, cups, etc): $2 per person
VS. Real China, Napkins, Wine Glasses, and other Tableware: $3-10 per person, plus $100 delivery fee*
• Servers, Food Attendants and Bartenders: $200 per on-site staff
Out-of-radius travel fee for venues 30+ minutes from downtown Chattanooga: $40 per staff
• Merchant usage fee (only if paying by credit card, disregard if paying by check): 5% of total bill
• TN Tax: 9.75%
• Gratuity (optional): $25-50 per on-site staff
*Note: if you are opting for real plateware, please be aware your event may require more staff than with disposable palteware, as our staff will be responsible for carefully cleaning and packaging all items
• Buffet: Imagine a long table with a delicious spread of food in chaffers and attractive bowls and platters. People go down the line and serve themselves exactly what they would like to eat. Buffet-style allows people to pick and choose what they put in their plate, which is preferable for accomodating people with dietary restrictions or different size appetites. For larger events, you may need multiple double-sided buffet tables to keep lines down. This is the most affordable option, with minimal staffing needs, and is also our most popular style of eating for corporate events, craft services, and weddings.
• Family-Style: Eating family-style means that all food items (i.e. Entree, Salad, Sides, Bread) are on each table, with people serving themselves and sharing with their neighbors. Depending on your menu and layout, it can be difficult to fit everything on the table and might be a bit chaotic with everyone passing dishes, but can also lead to a more intimate atmosphere. We would recommend this only for a more simple menu and with fewer than 40 people.
• Plated: A plated meal involves all guests remaining in their seats while served each course by wait staff. People would place their orders in advance, and might be given a choice of two meats (beef or chicken) or a vegetarian dish. This is the most expensive style of serving food at an event. While we are happy to do more intimate plated meals, we are not the best fit for your plated 200+ person event and would be happy to point you in the direction of a caterer who specializes in this style.
• Food Station: When people hear the term “food stations” this is actually just 2-3 buffets set up in different areas of the room, with each table having a different theme of food (i.e. taco bar at one station and salad bar at another). Some stations might be actively staffed, such as a carving station or omelette station, but most are self-serve and encourage people to get up and mingle since they’ll have to make multiple trips to try each station.
Thank you for choosing Dish T’Pass for your catering and special event needs. Should you have further questions or concerns, please call us at 423-309-5353, or email us at email@example.com.